National Honor Society
The National Honor Society is an organization sponsored by the National Association of Secondary School Principals. This prestigious organization seeks to recognize students who have exemplified the qualities required for admission. Those qualities are as follows:
Character, Scholarship, Leadership and Service
In order to qualify for admissions to Triton's Chapter of the National Honor Society, students must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be a member of the Junior or Senior Class.
- The student must be enrolled at THS for at least one full semester prior to admission.
- The student must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.500 or higher.
- The student must have exhibited service through participation in various activities (students must be actively involved in TWO activities prior to their junior year to qualify and THREE activities prior to their senior year to qualify. These activities may be community based. Service in the community is also required. Activities include but are but not limited to sports, school clubs, church service groups, community activities.
- Faculty will make recommendations attesting to outstanding leadership qualities and unquestionable character.
Students who finished the year with a cumulative 3.500 or better will be mailed a letter of eligibility and application
to apply during the summer. Students who meet the criteria and wish to apply will be given a writing sample. The faculty council will evaluate applicants and students will be notified via letter of their acceptance/rejection in accordance with the by-laws