National Honor Society
Ms. M.J. Chambers, Advisor
The National Honor Society is an organization sponsored by the National Association of Secondary School Principals. This prestigious organization seeks to recognize students who have exemplified the qualities required for admission. Those qualities are as follows:
Character, Scholarship, Leadership and Service
In order to qualify for admissions to Triton's Chapter of the National Honor Society, students must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be a member of the Junior or Senior Class.
- The student must have a weighted, cumulative grade point average of 3.500 or higher.
- The student must have exhibited service through participation in various activities. Students must show 20 hours of service in 9th and 10th grade to be admitted to the NHS. In addition, they must perform 20 hours of service for each year that they are in the NHS. Service activities include but are but not limited to sports, school clubs, religious service groups, community activities.
- Students must complete their service hours and maintain their 3.5 GPA in order to march with the NHS in graduation.
- Faculty will make recommendations attesting to outstanding leadership qualities and unquestionable character.