Mrs. Melissa Sheppard, PrincipalSecretary: Donna Romond, Phone: 856-939-4500 x2014
Message to the Class of 2019 - Graduates
Class of 2019, June 17th, was a culmination of the hard-work, dedication and perseverance you displayed during 13 years of schooling. Some of you may not have started your high school journey at Triton, but we are glad that your journey led you here.
During our years together, I watched you transform from naïve children, into confident young adults. As freshmen you asked questions and needed direction, as sophomores and juniors you began to think for yourselves and assert your independence, and during your senior year you became leaders! The choices you made over the past four years have led you to this day and tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of your life.
As you start the journey to the rest of your life, you will need to make decisions and choices. It is my hope that during the last four years we have provided you with the knowledge and skills to make informed decisions that will help you lead a happy and prosperous life.
For the last several years your parents, teachers, counselors, vice principals and I have been advising you and attempting to guide you by sharing experiences from our life’s journey. We tried to protect you and prevent you from making what we may have thought was not a good decision or what one might consider a mistake. At times you may have listened and at other times maybe not. Tonight, I am going to leave you with one last piece of advice.
Failing is inevitable; you cannot experience success without experiencing failure. As you proceed through life, make informed decisions and own them. If your decision doesn’t lead to the outcome you planned, if it doesn’t look exactly like the picture in your mind, either enjoy the new version or start over and forge a new pathway to lead you to the future you have pictured in your mind. Do what makes YOU happy.
Own who you are and what you are doing. Don’t worry about what the person to your left or right is doing or how they are doing it. If you work hard and are true to yourself, you will achieve success. Don’t let other people build a roadblock that creates a detour on your road to success.
As you leave Triton and embark on your journey, never lose the pep in your step, never shorten your stride and don’t be afraid to be the leader or make an unpopular choice because you know it is the right thing to do.
When you do take that step that leads you away from the crowd, always remember that you will never stand alone because you will always be a part of Triton.
Once a Mustang, Always a Mustang.
On behalf of Triton Administration, faculty and staff, congratulations Class of 2019 and Thank you for an amazing 4 years.
Message for 2019-20 School Year.
Dear Students and Parents,
On behalf of the entire faculty, administration, and staff of Triton Regional High School, I would like to welcome you to the 2019-20 school year. We look forward to helping all of our students develop the goals and work ethic necessary to reach their full potential.
The 2019-20 year will undoubtedly bring about new challenges for us and our students. In addition to teaching the curriculum, we will continue our goal to educate the whole child. Specific building goals are listed below.
We will lead students to make good academic and social decisions that will positively impact their future. We will create a culture…
- Where they are engaged, challenged, and expected to be involved in their learning.
- Where they feel safe both physically and emotionally.
- Where they feel supported by our faculty and staff and turnkey that support to their friends and peers.
- Where they take pride in the school, themselves and their environment.
- Where they learn how to live a healthy lifestyle, physically and emotionally.
When we educate the whole child we guarantee them the best opportunity for success after they graduate. I want to thank you in advance for supporting us as we guide your children to grow into mature, responsible young adults.
We look forward to a terrific school year. Remember that the effectiveness of the high school experience is the result of a team effort between students, teachers, parents/guardians, and their involvement in school. Take pride in being a MUSTANG!!!!!
2019-20 Triton Goals -Continue to Educate the whole child
- Provide a healthy and safe environment for the students.
- Wellness Wednesdays
- Peer mentoring
- Anti-bullying programs for students and parents
- Social Media presentations for students and parents
- Help students make connections with Triton.
- Spread positivity throughout the building (i.e. good morning, hello, good afternoon, or something else)
- Encourage involvement in activities and athletics
- Develop relationships. – How can we connect?
- Practice mindfulness for faculty and students. – 5 minutes per day for entire school.
- Be aware of ourselves.
- Reflect upon the times that you may have conveyed a negative energy.
- Learn not to over act or become overwhelmed by what is going on around us.
- Pause and take time to breathe.
- Respond instead of reacting.
- Implement Restorative Practices
- R.I.S.E. Program
- Repairing broken relationships
- Educating students on better choices and alternative behaviors
- Teacher implementation of Circle activities
- Interact daily with students, faculty, and staff.
- Administrators will be in the hallways during the passing bell and remain for the first few minutes of the period.
- Administrators will be in classrooms more often, not just for evaluation purposes.
- Increased informal meetings between students and administration (during common time).